Learn more about work that has come out of partnerships related to Local News Lab, Democracy Fund’s Public Square program, and the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation’s work in New Jersey:
Research and Reports:
- NiemanLab: The rich/poor divide extends to local news, a new report suggests.
- Columbia Journalism Review: Does New Jersey have a ‘media desert’ problem?
- NiemanLab: When local news isn’t really local: In New Jersey, New York’s shadow can mean a less healthy news ecosystem.
- Poynter: Report establishes new formula for evaluating quality of local news
- Knight Digital Media Center: Dodge foundation’s approach helps local news startups get results
- NiemanLab: Thinking outside the (newspaper) box: The Local News Lab seeks to revive community news.
- NiemanLab: A program in New Jersey is trying to get people to care about local news through community organizing.
- Knight Digital Media Center: Community engagement tips from New Jersey’s Local News Lab
- Poynter: How 3 New Jersey newsrooms are turning to their readers for story ideas
- NiemanLab: Three New Jersey newsrooms start using Hearken, a platform that lets audiences choose reporting topics
- Columbia Journalism Review: A new project offers legal guidance to digital startups in New Jersey
- NiemanLab: Collaborate or die: A new initiative wants to make it easier for national and local outlets to work together.
- Columbia Journalism Review: Investigative local reporting has a future—but it won’t look like the past
- MediaShift: For New Jersey’s Local News Lab, Collaboration Is Key to Success
- Knight Digital Media Center: Collaborating on New Jersey’s dirty little secrets
- NiemanLab: In New Jersey, a university teams up with local news orgs to collaborate for impact
- MediaShift: How the Center for Cooperative Media Is Fortifying Local News in New Jersey
- It’s All Journalism Podcast: Building sustainability for local news
- NiemanLab: In New Jersey, with $2 million from Knight, the Local News Lab launches to seek revenue models
- Knight Digital Media Center: Whole systems approach aims to fortify New Jersey media
- It’s All Journalism Podcast: Think local sustainability and engagement