Learn more about work that has come out of partnerships related to Local News Lab, Democracy Fund’s Public Square program, and the Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation’s work in New Jersey’s local news community:
Research and Reports:
- NiemanLab: The rich/poor divide extends to local news, a new report suggests.
- Columbia Journalism Review: Does New Jersey have a ‘media desert’ problem?
- NiemanLab: When local news isn’t really local: In New Jersey, New York’s shadow can mean a less healthy news ecosystem.
- Poynter: Report establishes new formula for evaluating quality of local news
- Knight Digital Media Center: Dodge foundation’s approach helps local news startups get results
- NiemanLab: Thinking outside the (newspaper) box: The Local News Lab seeks to revive community news.
- NiemanLab: A program in New Jersey is trying to get people to care about local news through community organizing.
- Knight Digital Media Center: Community engagement tips from New Jersey’s Local News Lab
- Poynter: How 3 New Jersey newsrooms are turning to their readers for story ideas
- NiemanLab: Three New Jersey newsrooms start using Hearken, a platform that lets audiences choose reporting topics
- Columbia Journalism Review: A new project offers legal guidance to digital startups in New Jersey
- NiemanLab: Collaborate or die: A new initiative wants to make it easier for national and local outlets to work together.
- Columbia Journalism Review: Investigative local reporting has a future—but it won’t look like the past
- MediaShift: For New Jersey’s Local News Lab, Collaboration Is Key to Success
- Knight Digital Media Center: Collaborating on New Jersey’s dirty little secrets
- NiemanLab: In New Jersey, a university teams up with local news orgs to collaborate for impact
- MediaShift: How the Center for Cooperative Media Is Fortifying Local News in New Jersey
- It’s All Journalism Podcast: Building sustainability for local news
- NiemanLab: In New Jersey, with $2 million from Knight, the Local News Lab launches to seek revenue models
- Knight Digital Media Center: Whole systems approach aims to fortify New Jersey media
- It’s All Journalism Podcast: Think local sustainability and engagement